I was nominated by the wonderful A Cup Of Tea With That Book, Please for the Liebster and Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you so much and if you haven’t checked her blog out before, you should. She is amazing!
Let me tell you something before I start this out. I wasn’t sure what this was before a few minutes ago. I saw where she commented on my post about it but I was so confused. I finally looked it up and I was very excited. I am very honored that you nominated my blog and I for this award(s).
If you haven’t heard anything about this award, it’s a pretty simple concept. I have to:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 randoms fact about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
I know it says that I need to nominate 11 bloggers. I know I don’t have that many. I do nominate the following:
To start things off, here are 11 facts about me!
- I am currently watching the ACM’s only because Taylor Swift is there.
- I am only 14 years old.
- I have only gotten 3 B’s in my life – 4th grade, 6th grade and 8th grade.
- I am taking Algebra 1 when I am not. It’s confusing – I finished all I needed to do in the program for 8th grade and the school offers Algebra 1 to certain kids who pass some test. I missed it by a question. I should be having some other class but the teacher brought me into the class, along with three other kids.
- I like the smell of rain on the ground when I read.
- I do math best in my underwear. This one is definitely random!
- My mom is from Pennsylvania and my dad is from Ohio so I don’t know how they ended up meeting in North Carolina.
- I don’t understand sports at all. And I have been to a NBA game before.
- I am scared of heights but no one can tell because of the rides I get on.
- My English teacher this year has been on of the biggest inspirations in my life.
- I have been questioning my friendship with my best friend for many reasons.
The questions that I was given did take a lot of thinking, some of them. I am so glad that I was given the questions because they were fun to answer.
- What is one quote you try to live by?
- “We know what we may be, but know not what we may be” ~ William Shakespeare
- Favorite movie adaptation base from a book?
- Safe Haven. I fell in love with the characters in the book as well in the movie. No, the movie wasn’t totally the book (hint the ending) but I really loved it. The emotion from the book was felt in the movie. The setting is remarkable and the love was felt all the way.
- Favorite Genre? Why?
- This one took a little thinking. I read a wide range of genre and I really haven’t gotten a favorite. Currently, I am really enjoy the dystopian novels. I love how they are action packed and romantic at the same time. The books don’t just go around and kill people, they have the love and the family problems.
- You’re on a deserted island and you can only take 10 books with you, what would you take?
- I would have to take:
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by: Morgan Matson
- The Best of Me by: Nicholas Sparks
- Emma by: Jane Austen
- Carrie by: Stephen King
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by: Michelle Hodkins
- Since You’ve Been Gone by: Morgan Matson
- A Game of Thrones by: George R.R Martin
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by: J.K. Rowling
- Catching Fire by: Suzanne Collins
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin by: Harriett Beecher Stowe
- I would have to take:
- The longest book I have ever read?
- Oh god. I think it would have to be Threat Vector by: Tom Clancy. Even though I didn’t like it or understand some of it, I battled my way through it.
- How do you choose your next book to read?
- Normally I have about 5 unread books on my shelf. I think about what book I just finished reading and decide if I want to challenge myself or give myself an easy read. I decide on what genre it would be and then move to the summary. Based on the summary, then I decide.
- What literary place would you like to visit? Why?
- I would love to visit the Jane Austen House Museum in England. I have fallen in love with Jane Austen’s writing and I would love to get to see how her life was. It seems like a perfect place to spend a day during the summer.
- A book you would be embarrassed to read in public?
- Fifty Shades of Grey by: E.L. James. I haven’t read it or will I read it (maybe) but I think I might get weird looks if I was just sitting there, reading the book!
- Who do you admire the most?
- I actually admire my friend Mackenzie B. a lot. I know, it should be someone famous or my parents but Mackenzie is amazing. She is able to read all the new books, get AMAZING grades, play sports and handle a boyfriend all at once and she is only 14 years old. Mackenzie is also part of the school’s chorus so she is always busy. Mackenzie is just someone who is there for everyone that need someone and doesn’t treat me for a book nerd. She treats me like a fellow book lover, a classmate, a friend. She is amazing and I love this chick a lot. She has inspired me to do so much and most of it I love.
- If you can vote for a literary character for president, who would you choose and why?
- Jane Eyre. I loved her character in the book Jane Eyre a lot. Her character was there and strong and independent. We would need someone who is strong and brave. She would be able to do everything this country needs for a president.
- Why did you start a blog?
- There are many reasons I started my blog. The big reason is to know I am appreciated. I have amazing friends but sometimes I feel so alone. I feel like there is nothing for me in this world. When something bad happens, getting up here and doing a blog post makes me feel so good inside. I feel like this is a way to get myself some confidence and some friends that will be there for me.
So my 11 questions for my nominees are:
- Has there ever been anything that you have given up on and you now regret?
- What was the last book you bought?
- Favorite classic and why?
- If you could live anywhere in this world, where would it be and why?
- What book has inspired you the most?
- Favorite author and why?
- If there is one book you would like to see a movie, what is it and why?
- What book, if there is, have you read at least 4 times?
- Paperback or Hardcover? Why?
- What are your thoughts on E-Books?
- What does your blog mean to you?
Versatile Blogger Award:
Moving on to the Versatile Blogger Award, this one is slightly easier to understand and do! What you need to do is:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Like before, I probably won’t do 15 bloggers and I am sorry. I just am too lazy to do it. I do nominate:
So, here is 7 things that I didn’t include before and you might find interesting.
- As I said before my dad is from Ohio and my mom is from Pennsylvania, I have only been to Ohio 3 times in 14 years and Pennsylvania at least 16 times. Crazy, right!?!?
- I know at least four different Mackenzie’s. (Mackenzie B., Mackenzie D. Mackenzie D. – I know two of them – and Mackenzie S.)
- I get sick every time it is going to snow.
- My favorite color is BLACK!
- I am currently on the floor with three pillows under me
- I have two sisters, two dogs, and five fish in one room right now.
- I have the biggest TV in the house in my room.
Thank you so much for bearing this really long post. I will be posting soon with my review on A Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin and the first episode!
Til next time,