I was nominated by the amazing Tasheena Rose @ Dear Reader for the Liebster Award! I love her blog so make sure you all go and check her out! Now you might be wondering about why I put #2 behind the title of this post. Believe it or not, back in 2015, I was nominated for this award. I know! I couldn’t believe it either. So if you want to read that post, check it out here. Let’s just jump into this post.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Give them 11 questions to answer
1. Why did you start blogging?
Back when I was in 8th grade, I had friends that enjoyed reading but they really didn’t like talking about them or they didn’t read the same books as I did. I wanted to talk with other book lovers and I thought a blog would be a great way to share my thoughts about books in the world.
2. Paperbacks, Hardbacks, or E-books? (or all of the above?)
Paperbacks and hardbacks. I don’t do e-books. Even though they are more convenient, I just don’t like them. I love the look and feel of hardbacks but I like reading paperbacks.
3. What is your favorite genre of books (better than just picking one ;D)?
Dystopian for sure. I just love them.
4. What author do you think ‘changed the game’?
Charlaine Harris, the author of The Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries. Charlaine Harris wrote about vampires, werewolves, fairies, and so much more supernatural creatures in the world. Part of me believes that without this series, books wouldn’t have the same qualities or developments when it comes to the supernatural.
5. What was your favorite book as a child or one that meant a lot to you?
Out of My Mind by: Sharon Draper. I read this book so many times as a child and it really got me into books. It follows a girl who has cerebral palsy and her life through school. There are times I laughed, I cried, and just loved the whole thing. This book was just one of my go to books when I needed a smile on my face.
6. What book are you excited to share with your present or future child/niece or nephew?
Sarah J. Maas’ Throne of Glass. Even though they would have to be a little older before I let them read it, I can’t wait to let this book be read by them. And I hope that they enjoy it as much as I did.
7. Which book character do you wish were real and you could meet?
Bellamy Blake from The 100 by: Kass Morgan. I loved Bellamy in this series and I seriously wish that he was real. I mean Bob Morley is real but I want the book version of him. And I was Clarke. Bellamy was just so sweet and caring that I couldn’t help but love him. He would do anything for the people that he cared about.
8. What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
Everything, Everything by: Nicola Yoon has to be my favorite adaptation. Yes, the movie isn’t perfect and there were some things that were different but I felt like the movie has to be the best and my favorite. I can’t wait to have the physical copy of this movie in my hands because I am watching it.
9. What do you think is the worst book-to-movie adaptation?
Cassandra Clare’s City of Bones. And I could say both the movie and the show. They are just terrible in so many ways. They have the same background but they really have nothing in common with the book. Just no.
10. What TV show are you diggin’ right now?
Bates Motel from A&E. I started watching this show recently and I seriously love this show. I love it way too much. It’s dark and mystical, that I can’t wait to watch more of it, which is happening as soon as I finish this post.
11. What’s your favorite book of 2017 so far?
A Court of Wings and Ruin by: Sarah J. Maas. No matter what people might say about this book, I love this book a lot. It has to be my favorite read of 2017.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is one thing you wish you knew when you started your blog?
- What is your most anticipated release for the rest of the year?
- Which author do you think shaped your reading the most?
- What color book do you own the most of?
- Do you eat or drink while you are reading?
- What TV Shows are your current favorites?
- Harry Potter or Twilight?
- How long do you think it takes you to read a book? (on average, of course)
- Who are some of your favorite bloggers that you think everyone should check out?
- What book are you currently reading?
Shweta @ Shweta’s Diaries
Anna @ My Bookish Dream
Zoe @ mylifewithbooks
Jay @ This Is My Truth Now
Sarah @ Sarah in Zombieland
B @ icebreaker694
Laura Beth @ Hot Shot Headlines
Kim @ By Hook Or By Book
Sam @ RiverMoose-Reads
Jess @ JBelkBooks
Kirsty @ Kirsty’s Book Reviews
Have you read any of the books that I have mentioned? What would your answers be for some of these? Do you agree with any of my answers? Disagree with anything? Can you believe that it is already September? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!