Thank you again icebreaker694 for nominating me for another award! This time, it’s the Blogger Recognition Award and I’m so thankful for it! But like I always say, thank you to all my readers for getting me to this point of my life and actually reading my stuff. You always make me smile! I’m drying up the tears because of all you lovely people and I’m going to go ahead and start this award!
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select other blogs you want to give the award to
How Ann’s Reading Corner Started:
When I was in 8th grade, I found some of these amazing friends who were introducing me to these amazing books and I was doing the same for them. We would talk about the books we are reading and the movies that are coming out at the time – one of them happened to be Insurgent. It wasn’t enough for me though. I found Goodreads and I kept seeing this one name over and over again, xtinemay. I looked her up and I found her BookTube channel and fell in love with it. I wanted to do something like that, but I wanted to have a way of keeping myself out of the lens. I did all this research about good blog websites but all of them you had to pay for. I didn’t want my parents to know that I was doing this, or any of my friends, so I looked up free blog websites. I never heard of WordPress before that day and I haven’t looked back.
I started my blog on February 20, 2015 and it was something. I really didn’t understand the whole thing but I tried to do things I thought were interesting (looking at it now, I am ashamed it was ever published!).
But I like to think my blog has two start dates. The one in February 2015, but then in March 2016. I found out about the scheduling part of WordPress and it was amazing. I started to do more and more stuff that I am more proud of now. I started to read other people’s blog and check everything daily. I started to post more and I really enjoyed it. Now, I am just hooked and I am never looking back!
- Never give up – You might not see the hard work pay off yet but it will in the long run. You will find people that actually love your stuff and will support you through everything. They will read your stuff and generally care about you, even if you don’t know them personally.
- Do what you love – If you have fun doing it, you’ll want to do it more often. If you don’t like it, you will feel like it will never end and you’ll hate yourself. As long as you like it and you’re proud of it, someone else will see the greatness in it.
Miriam @ The Showers of Blessing
Anna @ My Little Corner
Kayla @ Kdrewthebookworm
Thank you for everything you guys! Without you all, I probably won’t be doing this post right now. You are defiantly part of my family, rather you know it or not!