The other day I was watching the latest episode of Pretty Little Liars, which don’t get me started on what happened, and I noticed that there was a new show trailer included in the commercials. I knew that they were making a TV Show for the book but, let me tell you, NOPE.
Title: Famous In Love
Author: Rebecca Serle
Released: October 21, 2014
Pages: 336 (Hardback)
Soon to be a series on Freeform, formerly ABC Family, starring Bella Thorne. “A must-read for anyone curious about life and love behind the scenes.”–Bella Thorne, actor and author of Autumn Falls
When Paige Townsen gets plucked from high school obscurity to star in the movie adaptation of a blockbuster book series, her life changes practically overnight. Within a month, Paige has traded the quiet streets of her hometown for a bustling film set on the shores of Maui, and she is spending quality time with her costar Rainer Devon, one of People‘s Sexiest Men Alive. But when troubled star Jordan Wilder lands the role of the other point in the movie’s famous love triangle, Paige’s crazy new life begins to resemble her character’s.
In this exciting tale of romance and drama, both on-and offscreen, Paige must adjust to a crazy new life without the daily support of her friends and family, while figuring out who she is–and who she wants–as the whole world watches.
About The Author:
To be totally honest with you, even though I read the book, I don’t know who would want to watch a show like this arrangement. Without you knowing nothing, what were your first thoughts? I would love to know this.
- Bella Thorne – Paige Townsen
- Charlie DePew – Jake
- Keith Powers – Jordan Wilder
- Carter Jenkins – Rainer Devon
- Niki Koss – Alexis
- Georgie Flores – Cassandra
- Perrey Reeves – Nina Devon
- Pepi Sonuga – Tangey Turner
- Mark Valley – Grant Devon
Firstly, the only person I know from this whole entire cast is Bella Thorne and honestly, I really don’t like her acting. I’ve seen her in The Duff, Shake It Up, and some Lifetime movie I don’t know what it is called and I really didn’t like her. I love watching things like this that are connected and how they share actors – Freeform owns Disney.
Secondly, none of the cast is what I thought that they would look like while I was reading the book. I feel the book had amazing potential but this cast has ruined it. I thought of amazing people like Sarah Hyland, Hailee Stenfield, etc as being part of this. I wish that Freeform allowed fans of the book to go and pick out the cast because I feel like it would make a lot of their TV series like this, have sucked.
The first episode is to be released April 2014, but it could change. Like Pretty Little Liars, Shadowhunters, Dead of Summer, etc, Famous In Love will be on for an hour. Each episode, in reality, is only about 40 – 45 minutes long.
I. Marlene King has been placed on set of the show as executive producer. I. Marlene King has been part of shows including Pretty Little Liars, Ravenswood, If These Walls Could Talk, Saving Grace, and Pretty Dirty Secrets. The show will be released by Warner Bros. Television Distribution on Freeform, or ABC Family.
- I actually remember reading this book back in 8th grade and really enjoying it. When I found out that it was going to be a TV Show, I was really excited since I saw it doing big things and changing how people saw the world. After seeing the trailer and how different it looks and the cast, I’m not to sure.
- I don’t even know if I will watch the show. This is only season one and there are three books in the series – the third one coming out September 8, 2016, according to Goodreads. I will definitely check out the first episode because I am a little interested but I highly doubt I will watch it on a regular base. It might end up being like Shadowhunters.
- The book is really good though. I feel like if you ever thought about being a big star or being famous, you get the chance to see what it is like in the book. The book took you behind the scenes of being a big celebrity – the good, the bad, friendships, boyfriends, traveling, and problems. I don’t know how true it is since I am not a big celebrity, or the author was at the time of written, but it was really good. I have not read the second book yet since I haven’t gotten to it yet.
How do you feel about this show Famous In Love? Have you read the book yet or do you want to read it yet? What do you think the show will be like? Let me know your thought in the comments!