It’s kind of funny that I was planning this out yesterday and it just so happened that the cover for Lady Midnight came out. The cover is a little different from the other ones but it looks amazing. I am a little confused about it but of course I have my own theories. Before I get into this, read this at your own risk of getting spoiled. Let’s get this on!
When I first saw the cover, all I saw was the girl up in the air and I was not sure what to think about it. Of course when I was writing this, I was looking at it a little closer and I sort of saw a few things that I didn’t before:
- A sword is falling out of the girl’s hand
- She is in water
- It looks like she has been hurt
So far I have been trying to find something about the book, some of them are coming up, and I learned it a girl who’s name is Emma Carstairs. I’m seeing a few theories coming out to me. Let me know if you agree or what you are thinking about this cover.
- Emma has been in a fight with some of the downworlders and has lost. She has the option to live or die
- Emma has been learning about the ways of Shadowhunters and she doesn’t want to give her life up to it
- Emma has had something happened to her and she doesn’t know if she wants to be a Shadowhunter or being a regular Emma
I am actually a big fan of the cover. You have no idea how excited I was when I saw this cover was released. I was checking at least twice a day because I wanted it so much.
Cassandra Clare has released a few snippets or lines from the book and I have been really excited about it. I have been really excited about reading the books since I have read the lines a few months ago. Thank you Cassandra Clare and Lady Midnight for releasing these to the world:
- The cycle hit the beach and spun out. Emma went into a rolling crouch as she flew free of it, keeping her elbows in, pushing the air hard out of her lungs. She turned her head as she hit the sand, slapping her palms down to roll herself forward, absorbing the impact of the fall through her arms and shoulders, her knees folding up into her chest. The stars wheeled crazily overhead as she spun, sucking in her breath as her body slowed its rolling. She came to a stop on her back, her hair and clothes full of sand and her ears full of the sound of the wildly crashing ocean…
- Magnus grinned at her, sideways. “Anyway. It was no big deal for me to stop by here on my way to Buenos Aires.” “What’s in Buenos Aires?” said Julian. “Alec,” Magnus said.
- Perfect Diego is the boy Cristina’s mother wants her to marry,” Emma told Livvy. Now it was Cristina’s turn to look betrayed. “It’s not an arranged marriage, not exactly, it’s just that her mother loves him, he’s a Rosales —” “He’s related to you?” Livvy asked Cristina. “Isn’t that a problem? I mean, I know Clary Fairchild and Jace Herondale are a famous love story, but they weren’t actually brother and sister. Otherwise I think it would probably be a …” “Less famous love story,” said Emma, with a grin. Cristina waved her hand dismissively. “The Rosaleses are a huge Shadowhunting family. I don’t think he’s even a cousin. My mother just thinks it would help cement the Rosales empire. She thinks he’s perfect, so handsome, so smart, such a Shadowhunter, perfect perfect perfect —” “And now you know how he got his nickname,” said Emma.
- Emma swallowed. She was remembering Julian, two years ago, standing in the overlapping circles of fire where the parabatai ritual was performed. The look on his face as they each stepped into the central circle and the fire rose up around them, and he unbuttoned his shirt to let her touch the stele to his skin and carve the rune that would bind them together for their whole lives. She knew if she just reached out now, she could touch it, touch the rune cut into his shoulder, the rune she had put there.
When I was reading some of these, all I could be thinking was, “This could happen in 5 years?!” Of course I am wondering if Malec gets back together (if they don’t, Cassandra Clare I will haunt you down jk) and if Jace and Clary get married. Jace is supposed to be in charge of the academy so I want to see what has happened.
Originally the book was supposed to come out about this time, Fall 2015, but is it coming out now? Nope. It’s is officially coming out MARCH 8, 2015 and I am so excited. It’s going to be different because I’m going to be finding the other big Cassandra Clare fans at my high school because they will be having it everywhere they go for the first week it’s out. And yes, I am going to be going to buy it the day it comes out.
FYI: March 8, 2016 is a Tuesday
The Rest of The Series:
This is the first book out of three in The Dark Artifices series.
- Lady Midnight
- Lord of Shadows
- The Queen of Air and Darkness
It is not official when Lord of Shadows or The Queen of Air and Darkness comes out but I am going to guess and say in 2017 and 2018. Cassandra Clare has said that Lord of Shadows is not the official name of the second book since it has had a few different names. I will update you when Cassandra releases the official cover and information about the other two books.
How excited are you to read Lady Midnight? Honestly, I am really excited because I have loved all of Cassandra Clare’s books and I have been waiting for this book since September. I am not looking forward to waiting for the other two books but guess what… Cassandra Clare is working on another Shadowhunters series. I’m probably going to be in college and Cassandra will still be releasing these books. And I will be perfectly fine with that.