July came by really fast if I say so myself. So much has happened, not. I haven’t done any vacation stuff but read, sleep til like noon and start shopping for school stuff. I have been saving my money, since I have a book buying problem, so I can buy some Taylor Swift merchandise and I can buy Insurgent on DVD the day it comes out, on August 4. I only bought four books this month. I know, I am as amazed as you are.
Here’s a little break down on why I bought each book and any information about each of the books!
- Great Expectations by: Charles Dickens
- Released: 1861
- The only reason I had to buy this book is because it is the Required Summer Reading Book for my 9th grade Honors class. I didn’t want to borrow the book from the library because I want to be able to take my time and really focus in on the book. I am planning on reading the book twice, the first one being today through however long, and then the week before school starts. I wanted to get one of the nice, fancy copies that costed $15 but my mom, she suggested I get one of the cheap ones that costed $4.95 so I can buy other books, since I had a gift card. Key word, HAD a gift card.
- Throne of Glass by: Sarah J. Maas
- Released: August 7, 2012
- This was one of my graduation presents from my Grandmother, even though I graduated in June. When I had to go over to her house and help her with her computer and phone, she asked me if there was anywhere I wanted to go after we finished a wonderful breakfast at IHOP. Our Books-A-Million is right across the street so I asked if she wanted to buy me a million books. She gave me $20 and I had a hard time choosing a book. I went with this one because I have been recommend this book so much and it sounds amazing!
- City of Glass by: Cassandra Clare
- Released: March 24, 2009
- Yes I have read all of the series. No I didn’t own all the books. When Cassandra Clare released the new covers for The Mortal Instruments (click here to see them), I knew I was not only going to get them, but the original covers too. My parents think I am insane for thinking that I want to buy books that I have already read. I bought this one with the rest of the gift card money so that is long gone.
- City of Fallen Angels by: Cassandra Clare
- Released: August 5, 2011
- Like I said in City of Glass, I have read this book, and I loved it. There’s not much other to say about it because I am in the same situation as I was in City of Glass, but I spent the rest of my $20 on this one!
What amazing books did you buy this month? I did read amazing books though! See you next time!
Stay cool with your reading, and body!,