Tomorrow starts the new month for me. Which is July! I can’t believe that it is already July. This year, 2015, has gone by so fast for me. Well, here are my top 5 most excited book releases for July! And let me tell you, it was hard for me to pick 5!
- All We Have Is Now by: Lisa Schroeder
- Publisher: Scholastic
- Release Date: July 28, 2015
- While I was on Goodreads looking for July book releases, I saw this cover. I clicked on it because of the cover. The book sounds amazing. It sounds like remake of The Hunger Games because an asteroid just hit North America. Emerson has ran off and has lived through the attack. She has to learn how to find her own food and live on her own. If you want to find out more, click here.
- Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls by: Lynn Weingarten
- Publisher: Simon Pulse
- Release Date: July 7, 2015
- Honestly, I don’t know what makes me want to read this book. I just do. There is something about the title that makes me want to. When I clicked on it on Goodreads, it said “Pitched as Gone Girl meets Thirteen Reasons Why” and I knew I wanted to read it. I have read both Gone Girl and Thirteen Reasons Why and I thought they were both okay. I want to see what Lynn Weingarten does with the topic. If you want to find out more, click here.
- Damage Done by: Amanda Panitch
- Publisher: Random House Books for Young Adult
- Release Date: July 21, 2015
- I don’t know how it happened but I picked another book that is similar to Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl. I’m not understanding what it is really about but that’s something I like when I pick up a book. I know that it sounds like this girl has gotten in some trouble. She has changed her name and that she has changed everything about her. If you want to find out more, click here.
- Go Set a Watchman by: Harper Lee
- Publisher: Harper
- Release Date: July 14, 2015
- I had to read To Kill A Mockingbird for class back in October. I was actually surprised that I enjoyed reading it. With all the details Harper Lee had in it from the colored person’s (no offense. it’s how it’s told) point of view. I love how she made sure to have all the characters well developed and interesting. I have been wanting to see what happens to their town and to Scout. Even though To Kill A Mockingbird was published about 50 years ago, I am excited to read it! If you want to find out more, click here.
- The Seer’s Spread by: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
- Release Date: July 14, 2015
- I read Beautiful Creators and I thought that the series was okay. I have been wondering what wasn’t in the book so when I saw that there was a first one in this set, I had to read it. I actually enjoyed reading it. When I saw that there was a second one on Goodreads, I knew I wanted to read it. I am so excited to read more about Ethan and Lena and Macon (hopefully he will be there if you know what I’m talking about). If you want to find out more, click here.
I know for sure that I won’t be reading all these books this month. I have so much other stuff to do and other books to read. I hope to get at least one of them read in July! What books are you most excited to read in July? Let me know in the comments!